The township of Penola is known for its scenic attractions, picturesque landscapes, galleries and a number of events. One of these events is the Penola Show which is held in October each year.
This family friendly event is perfect for visitors of all age groups. Come along with your entire family and friends to enjoy this amazing show as there are plenty of things to see and do.
Penola Show 2017 Dates, Competitions, Location, Entry Fee & Rides, SA
Visitors to Penola can check out the live stock exhibitions and various kid’s rides at the Penola Show. Also, enjoy many amusement rides and various exhibitions. If you have toddlers or teenagers in your group, they will certainly enjoy the variety of show bags, toffee apples and fairy floss available for purchase.
In 2017, approximate show times will be as follows:
- 4pm Gates, hall, stadium open Rymill Hall/Stadium
- 5pm Little Athletics Main oval
- 6pm Meals available Sports Club
- 6pm TDC Heifer classic Front of Warner Pavilion
- 6.30pm CFS display Main oval
- 7pm Circus Elements Main oval
- 7.30pm Final judging/parade TDC Heifer Classic Main oval 8pm Mt Gambier Dog Obedience Club Main oval
- 8.30pm Epic Darren – Comedy motorcycle show Main oval 9pm Fireworks
- 7am Gates Open All day Displays in Rymill hall and Stadium All day
- Yard dogs All day
- Horses in action All day
- All Breeds Beef Classic Cattle arena All day
- Animal nursery, native animals, reptiles Warner Pavilion 12 noon Lunch available Sports Club
- 12 noon Circus Elements workshop Stadium
- 1pm Sheaf Tossing – Local, Junior and Ladies Main oval
- 1 & 2.30pm Professor Wallace Puppets Near Rymill Hall 1.30pm Junior Miss Show Girl Front of Rymill Hall &
- Miss and Master Tiny Tot
- 1.50pm $1 coin scramble Near Rymill Hall
- 2pm George the Farmer Front of Rymill Hall
- 2pm Bush Poetry Sports Club
- 3.15pm Hall presentations including Rymill Hall St Mary’s Wines Grand champion rose
- 4pm Collect prizemoney and exhibits
The show is located at the McCorquindale Park in Penola. Visitors driving to the show can take Cameron Street to reach the event venue at the McCorquindale Park.
Visitors can also explore the unique agricultural show at this unique event. Escape into Penola’s quaint atmosphere while enjoying the true essence of an Aussie country life.
Also, don’t forget to explore the wide array of natural attractions in the Mount Gambier region whilst visiting the Penola Show. Click on the link below to find the best accommodation deals in Penola.